The East Worlington Parish Hall has a number of facilities for use as a community venue including underfloor heating, sprung hardwood floor, tables chairs, projector and kitchen facilities.
East Worlington Parish Hall Plan
not to scale – dimensions approximate
The main entrance to the hall faces roughly west and the hall itself is oriented roughly north to south (along the long dimension). A second entrance door gives access to the kitchen from a small lane to the north of the hall.
The hall opening hours for General use including putting on plays are:
- Monday to Sunday: 09:00 to midnight (00:00)
The following activities:
- Exhibition of films (Indoors)
- Performance of live music (Indoors)
- Playing of recorded music (Indoors)
- Performance of dance (Indoors)
- Provision of facilities for making music (Indoors)
- Provision of facilities for dancing (Indoors)
- entertainment or provision of facilities of a similar description to those above
are only permitted for:
- Monday to Thursday: 19:30 to 23:00
- Fridays and Saturday: 19:30 to midnight (00:00)
For more information please consult our Our Premises License page.
The hall has a permitted capacity of:
- 100 people standing
- 80 people seated in rows
- 60 people seated round tables
The hall is fitted with an automated underfloor heating system that provides continuous low level background heat. Prior to each event we will ensure the heating level is raised to allow sufficient time for the hall to reach a comfortable temperature.
Underfloor heating does not provide instantaneous heat but needs time to raise the room temperature and so it cannot be adjusted “on demand”.
There are no manual controls in the hall to override the automatic settings. Please do not adjust any of the automated heating controls you may see around the hall.
The Hall has 82 folding chairs and 12 folding tables of different sizes. There are more details on our Tables and Chairs page.
The Hall has an integrated audio visual facility controlled from a panel on the left hand (eastern) stage wall near the equipment storeroom door. The panel has source selectors, volume controls and sockets for HDMI video and 3mm audio.
For more details visit our Audio Visual Equipment Instructions page.
The kitchen is accessed from the stage area of the hall (see plan above) with an external door in the north wall giving access to a lane between the hall and the East Worlington School. The lane is accessed from the main road through East Worlington and is wide enough to accommodate a car or small van.
The kitchen has a large serving hatch with counter opening onto the rear of the stage area.
The kitchen is equipped with:
- electric cooker with 4 ring induction hob
- hot water urn
- cupboards and preparation area
- pots, pans, trays and baking dishes
- Approx 100 mugs
- Approx 70 place settings with dinner plates, side plates, bowls, and cups and saucers
The fire exits and location of fire extinguishers are shown on the plan under the Hall Layout section. You will find fire extinguishers at these points:
- on the right (east) side of the stage by the door to the equipment store
- to the left (north) of the main entrance from the foyer to the hall
- a dry CO2 extinguisher is on the main wall to the left of the kitchen cooker
- a fire blanket is on the short wall to the left of the cooker
The Fire muster point is about 200m up the road through East Worlington by the bungalows at the north end of the village. Please be aware of road traffic while traveling to the assembly point and, while there, stand by the verge so that you no not block the road.
Full Fire Safety information including: procedures, fire extinguishers, emergency exits and muster station is on our Fire Safety Page.
There is a first aid box on the worktop in the kitchen.
The main door to the hall is low threshold wheelchair friendly and accessed from a large, level but slightly sloping area between the hall and the main road. There is a reserved parking space to the right (or south) of the main entrance to the hall.
The foyer has three toilets: the wheelchair accessible toilet is situated between the other two.
There is a small car park in front of the Parish Hall with room for 4 cars to the left (or north) and a single space to the right (or south) reserved for disabled visitors parking. Please do not park blocking the lane to the north of the hall as this used for access to the East Worlington Primary School and St Mary’s Church and graveyard.
There is additional parking at the north end of the village on the road to Drayford and Witheridge. Please park carefully and do not block gates to homes or fields.