We, as a Parish Hall Management Committee, have spent some time thinking about and describing our vision for the community the Parish Hall serves. This provides a context for our vision for the Parish Hall.
Our vision has been supported and reinforced through responses to a community survey about the Parish Hall in January 2012. Our vision extends to using the Parish Hall as a Community hub.
Vision of our Community Hub
Our Vision for our Community – We wish to live in a community that is vibrant and energised and keen to engage in community activities, support and development. We believe a successful community aims to achieve harmony recognises that conflicts do happen and manages these conflicts constructively and positively. We appreciate and value empowerment and understand the importance of responsibility as key factors in community growth and sustainability. Aspiration, vision, ambition and challenge are to be encouraged and community leadership is vital if these are to be realised and benefit the community. We believe the health and well-being are the basis of active, prosperous and happier lives, and we consider prosperity is not only linked to financial wealth but to appreciation of and care for our environment and community. We recognise and celebrate diversity and believe the wide range of talents and skills within our community enrich our living experiences.
Our Vision for the Parish Hall is set within our vision we have for our community. We aim to maximise the opportunities offered by our Parish Hall to support our community vision. We believe our Parish Hall is a vital ‘Community Hub’ and is able to impact positively on the lives of people who live within the community. We believe our Parish Hall is a vital artifact of our local and Devonian heritage and must be conserved as a Heritage Learning Centre.
- Formal Meetings
- Information to support the community through Noticeboards
- Links to the Internet – Community Use
- Community Website Hub
- Location to co-ordinate community-based events
- Location to co-ordinate response to community crisis e.g. Emergency Plan
- Informal Meetings
- Community Coffee Mornings
- Community Breakfast Club
- Community Lunch Club
- Make a strategic contribution to developing and sustaining the local community
- Links with local health services
- Links with local social services
- Links with local community safety services
- Links with local fire safety services
- Promote local producers
- Promote local service providers
- Promote and support Educational and Learning Activities
- Promote and support Social and Recreational Activities
- Promote and Support Health and Well-being Activities
- Promote local heritage as a Heritage Learning Centre
- Promote and support local cultural talents
- Promote and support cultural development including young people’s engagement in community decisions and community development
- Promote, support and engage in social enterprise