A document (East Worlington Kalendar of Quotidian Quotations published by Rev. H. A. Hill in 1910) describes the barn in a similar way to the earlier documents thereby confirming it is the same building.
By 1910 the building was being used as Parish Rooms, which indicates an earlier date for use for the purpose. During this period the building was still owned by the church.
He also describes features of how the building had been restored and converted.
Writing his ‘East Worlington Kalendar of Quotidian Quotations’ in 1910, Rev. H.A.Hill was happy to accept that the barn of 1727 – and presumably also that of 1679 – was the very same that had recently been converted into a Parish Room. In 1910 the fabric, he tells us, ’is the same as that described in the terrier of 1727: ‘built of mudd and consisting of five bays.’ The old cob walls,’ he continues, ‘are good and of a soft and matured hue: the roof is of thatch and a pent-house over the doorway has been added and a verandah.
Everything has been done in the restoration to preserve the rustic appearance and effect. An old oak window frame with deep moulded mullions was rescued from one of the village cottages, and inserted in the north wall; and two others of similar design have been put in and filled with diamond leaded panes. The courtyard in front has been paved in the old Devonshire fashion…’
Archaeologist Report, South West Archaeology